A Massive Thank You from all of us here at the Marfan Trust as we bask in the afterglow of a very successful Marfan Awareness Month Campaign! Your amazing support and energetic engagement during February helped the Trust reach new giddy heights of fame, while our Search for the Missing 15,000 has reaped tangible results! We can proudly unveil to you some very impressive statistics and results below – achievements that would not been possible had you not continually shared our posts and engaged with our content.
During February …
- Our Helpline calls increased by 50%
- The number of page likes and followers on our Facebook page increased by over 200%
- On Twitter, we witnessed an increase of over 50% in tweets and tweet impressions and over 100% increase in profile visits
- Our website traffic increased exponentially
- On a pro bono basis we partnered with prestigious PR gurus Freud's and with their invaluable help saw our campaign broadcast on 221 radio stations across the country reaching an audience of over 24,000
By introducing Marfan syndrome to a bigger audience during February we have received a surge of calls to our Helpline from those who suspect they, a friend, or a relative may have the condition. We are potentially saving lives! And we are kindling a greater interest in the syndrome amongst those who have it and want to understand it better. This is bringing us ever closer to our ultimate goal of Finding the Missing 15,000.
We truly spread the word during Marfan Awareness Month taking our niche syndrome to a much wider audience. But more needs to be done; we are asking you to please continue spreading the word. We must sustain the momentum generated in February. Together we can and we will Find the Missing 15,000 and in doing so, save lives.